The new Revolution EXP kite with Reflex sports an 11 panel design, reminiscent of the former 1.5 models.
The new design of the Revolution EXP kite with Reflex replaces the long-standing, almost traditional, colour scheme of the 7 panel EXP design.
The new EXP Reflex RTF package comes with 65ft / 90 lb Laser Pro Gold lines instead of the 80ft lines from previous models.
>> More info …
If you are searching for a stunt kite for a beginner, you will find as much information as different kites. – So we’d like to mention a couple of useful pointers from our long time experience to consider:
- Most beginners don’t like to spend a lot money on their first kite, even if it would be sensible to do so, because quality has its price.
- Size matters, but bigger is not necessarily better.
- Beginners like to fly kites in high winds. When tree branches are swaying or the waves are high, is considered “great kite weather”. For that reason a beginners kite has to be robust.
- Starters will push kites to their limits. Best to chose strong materials, like ripstop nylon for the sail and a solid carbon frame.
- Stunt Kites for beginners have to be easy to fly, be capable of all basic moves and they shouldn’t be too sensitive to control and steer either.
- A beginner kite should fly consistently in all areas of the wind’s power zone.
- Most beginners are far away from tricks and freestyle flying, for that reason a pure freestyle stunt kite is not recommended as a very first kite.
- Always have a look at the whole package and its contents. It is important that stunt kites for beginners come with a good set of braided flying lines, two hand straps (not reels) and a decent kite bag to store your lines and kite.
The Colours-in-motion (CIM) range ticks all the right boxes for a great experience for a stunt kite novice. Read more …
Ever wondered how to do all these fancy freestyle kite tricks and what are the names of the different moves? – Look no further, check out these amazing guys and their step-by-step guides to achieve amazing kite tricks for yourself:
Randy G – Freestyle Trick Kite Tutorials on Vimeo.
Martin Madsen – Trick Kite Tutorials on YouTube.
A big thank you to Randy Greenway and Martin Madsen.
Animated Kite Trick Dictionary
Way back in 2009 Roy Reed Design started to create an animated Kite Tricks dictionary to show the stunt kite tricks as defined by Tricks Party.
Animated Kite Trick Dictionary
Courtesy of Roy Reed Design.
If you misplaced or lost your Sport Kite Flying Guide, you can retrieve it online as a pdf (26.4MB). Level One’s guide is bilingual in English and German and consists of 12 pages.
Just click on the image to view or save and download …
Impressions of kite displays in Dublin and Tramore with perfect winds and blue skies. The proper term for large kites without spars is inflatables.
Dublin Kite Fest, Bull Island, Clontarf, Dublin, Sunday 18th June 2017
Promenade Festival, Tramore, 1st & 2nd July 2017
Contact us, if you want to book a kite display at your event?
Imagine Kite Event 2016
Take to the sky and fly with us at this years Imagine Arts Festival!
Building on the success of last years FLY A KITE spectacular, this wonderful family event is planned to be bigger & better than ever.
Young, local kite flyers will compete for prizes and watch our displays. Expect to see all sorts of kites and a hot air ballon.
Where? WIT Carraiganore Campus, Waterford
When? Sunday 30th October, 2 – 5pm
More info under: imagineartsfestival.com/events/fly-a-kite/